Re: starter and solenoid for '79 MGB

To: Magnus <Magnus@X-NET.NET>
Subject: Re: starter and solenoid for '79 MGB
From: Roe <proe@suffolk.lib.ny.us>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 1996 11:29:23 -0400 (EDT)
Hi, Magnus I'm been through this on my 80B as well as some others.Before
you replace solenoid and or starter check starter relay and ignition relay
I replaced both of them on my 80B and no longer have any problems starting
the car(one was definetly bad). The starter/solenoid is the last thing I
would remove due to the work involved.Good luck. Others can give you a
detailed procedure for checking starter while it is still on the car.Good
luck. Phil...67B & 80B-daily driver, eastern, LI, NY.
On another note, some of these B prices I see posted are ridiculous-way
too high.If one looks long enough he/she can find what they are looking
for & at the right price which is just what I did.My advice is be patient
& you will get just the B you are looking for. There are B's everywhere it
seems.Just my two worth.