Re: Pseudo-Safety/Driving Skill

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Pseudo-Safety/Driving Skill
From: Stephen Brook <em92ssb@brunel.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 1996 15:41:18 BST
> We, somewhat sarcasticly, recommended a required class in high school
> regarding common sense in car care, driving, etc.....
>(snip)
>(un-snip)
> Of course...we were joking.......weren't we?  :-)

Were you? Sounds like a good idea to me. It has always seemed
funny to me that in the UK you can pass your driving test having never
driven on a motorway (freeway) or been taught how to correct a skid.
In fact, most people probably don't even know how to brake properly -
I know someone who PASSED their driving test despite leaving four
trails of rubber on the road after the compulsory emergency stop.
Cadence braking. What's that?

Of course, LBC owners are all expert drivers, and have mastered the
handling attributes of their cars (!)

Stephen Brook
Brunel University
http://http2.brunel.ac.uk:8080/~em92ssb/