Re: Mail

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Mail
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 1996 15:19:51 -0600
At 09:57 AM 4/19/96 -0400, Ragthyme@aol.com wrote:
>It seems to me lately, from following some of the follow-up posts I've seen,
>that I'm getting half or less of the mail on this net. Given the lack of
>response to some of the more outrageous things I've said, I can only assume
>that my mail isn't getting out, either.  Also, I'm getting 20-25 posts a day,
>rather than the usual 50-70 that seems to have been the norm.  Anyone else
>having a problem with this? Hello? Anyone out there?  Oh, my....
>
>ckr

As a heavy user of the Internet (it's were I work), I am online much of the
day so I usually see messages as they arrive. Thus when I post during the
day, I can usually expect to see the message I post to the MG group within
minutes of sending it. On rare occassions it may take several hours and once
last week it was several days.

I have seen the traffic fluctuate, and when its slow, I figure maybe most of
you are actually out driving. But yesterday morning there was an ominous
silence for most of the morning.

On the otherhand, someone at work today thought our mail system was down. I
confidently assured him it was working just fine (in between the beeps the
computer made of the new mail arriving).

So I still think the mg list is working fairly well but with some glitches.

David Councill
dcouncil@imt.net
http://www.imt.net/~dcouncil/home.html