Replacement parts cost / reality check

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Replacement parts cost / reality check
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 1996 10:45:01 -0700
I'm not going to mention any names but I've noticed there has been alot
of crying lately about cost of replacement parts lately.

The MGs are the most inexpensive vehicles to maintain that I have ever
owned.

My brother is currently having a concours restoration done on a 1956
Thunderbird. He needed front left fender found one in good condition
not excellent for $1,500 grabbed it and is the envy of all the other
T-bird owners for having "stole it".

Fiberglass front spoiler for GTI Volkswagon $350. Neighbor just put one
on.

I could go on all day here, but I think you get the picture, so stop
crying already.

I always tell my wife "lease payments on a Miata are $200 +, it will
not cost me $2,400 + a year to maintain any and probably not all 3 of
my Bs"

Safety Fast, David Deutsch