Tell me about the Midget, please...

To: MGS@autox.team.net
Subject: Tell me about the Midget, please...
From: SimJaysun@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 1996 15:10:09 -0400
Hello,

I have an opportunity to swap my '79 MGB for a '72 Midget, or a '72 MGB.  I
know little to nothing about Midgets it general, but I have heard a few
things...Some folks say that they're generally less reliable than a B, or
that they have a very limited top speed, or even that driving at a cruising
speed of 55 or 60 MPH will actually wear out the engine!  Is any of this
true?  If someone could give me a comparison of the MGB to the Midget, I'd
appreciate it.  Just so you know, my primary interest in either car is for
pleasure driving, not as much collectablility.

Thanks in advance,