Overdrive unit installation / cost

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Overdrive unit installation / cost
From: SimJaysun@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 1996 21:28:12 -0400
Hello all!

Another question regarding my iminent car swap has arisen.  I'm not sure if
the 72 MGB has an overdrive unit or not.  I'll have to ask when I go to drive
the car.  As my current car doesn't have one, and I've never driven, or
really looked closely at one that does, my question is as follows.  Is there
an easy way to tell, without geting underneath, if the car has one?  Does it
work by a switch, or automatically?  It'll probably be pretty obvious when I
drive the car, but it never hurts to know a bit more what I'm talking about
when dealing with the current owner... :-).

Thanks,