Re: Overdrive / cost, part 1and 2

To: SimJaysun@aol.com
Subject: Re: Overdrive / cost, part 1and 2
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 1996 00:45:46 -0700
You wrote:

>Silly me...
>
>I forgot the main reason I started this mailing!  If I were to install
an
>overdrive into a 72 B, what would it entai,l work and cost wise?
>
>Thanks again,

In a 72 the engage switch is located on the wiper switch wand, the is
only engagable in 3rd and 4th gear and will lower RPM of engine by
approx. 900 at a speed of seventy mph. great for the long trips. The
initial cost of unit used any where from $250 to $500 at which point
you should have bench tested and serviced which will cost another $150
to $350 or buy rebuilt from $700 to $1000 the cost of instalation is
the same as clutch replacement. In 72 actually 68-76 all the wiper
switches had Od switches regardless of whether vehicle had the unit or
not. Alway make sure you ask for driveshaft from car when purchasing
used (it's shorter) Safety Fast, David Deutsch