MG Midget Racers

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MG Midget Racers
From: ejm03@health.state.ny.us
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 96 11:27:14 EDT
According to MGS by McComb there were 3 MG Midget racing coupes. Two were
 sold to the noted MG racer and owner Dick Jacobs and one to John Milne.
 They were constructed in 1962, aluminum was used extensively to achieve a
weight of 1242 pounds and a variety of A series engines were used.He has
several photos of them in races.

MG Magazine's January 1995 issue's cover has one at full chat at Sebring.
Apparently BMC raced the Spridget as MG Midgets in 1965 and 1968.

The cross country saga of driving the 1959 Sebring MGA Twin Cam Coupe and
AH Sprite was in the July 1959 issue of Sports Car Illustrated. Leon Mandel,
now publisher of Autoweek, wrote the article under the name of Ocee Ritch.

Gene -the older I get, the faster I was- Myszkowski
ejm03@health.state.ny.us

1959 MGA 1500 roadster on the road since 1962
1959 MGA 1600 coupe on the track since 1988
1968 MGC-GT soon to be on the road to INDY