Re: MGB V-8 conversion.

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB V-8 conversion.
From: gmccann@pcug.org.au (Graham McCann)
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 1996 15:53:19 +1000 (EST)
Bob,

Suggest you buy :

How to give your V8 Power by Roger Williams.  It was published by Velloce
Publishing in the UK in 1995.

Yes there are many changes to be made but that book is one of the better
guides to how to do it.  I suggest you fit a Toyota Supra gearbox and a
limited slip diff while you are about it to handle the power output  -
especially if you use a fuel injected Rover engine (as opposed to carburetted).

My converted 1978 roadster has much more power than my factory V8 GT and I
am gald the guy who did the conversion did beef up the gearbox and rear end.

It is only practical to convert a rubber nose B since that model has the
engine bay room for the fitment.

regards>
Graham McCann  Rivett, ACT. Australia
gmccann@pcug.org.au