RE: MILO'S POWER LOSS / MGB LE WHEELS (BUY/SELL)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: MILO'S POWER LOSS / MGB LE WHEELS (BUY/SELL)
From: woodcomp@vt.edu (Christopher A. Lenth)
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 1995 09:11:17 +0600
Milo Kralwrites:
>.......  I was just entering the George Washington Parkway in
>Alexandria VA,  when the engine on my '67 MGB lost power......

MILO,

I had a very similar situation this winter. Car ran great for about 1 hr
then suddenly lost power.  After sitting for a while car would start and run
fine for a short while then die again.  After doing basically what you did I
got the car to a small garage and stumped a couple of good ol' boy mechanics
as well.  Remembering that I carried a spare coil, I replaced the relatively
new LUCAS SPORTS COIL with the old spare one.  VROOM! no more problem (to
this day).  One of the fellas mentioned that a bad coil will often operate
satisfactorily until heating up, where upon it starts to malfunction.  No
guarantees, but this could be an idea.  Let me know if you try to warrantee
the Lucas coil.

On a completely diferent note, I bent one of my aluminum LE wheels this
winter and I either need to find someone with one decent used one for sale
_OR_ someone who wants to buy 3 decent used ones.  Any takers?

chris

    Chris Lenth                ___\___
    Blacksburg, VA            '-O---O-'
    woodcomp@vt.edu           1973 MGB