Leaky Valve Guides

To: mg list<mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Leaky Valve Guides
From: Jeffrey Herr <herr@mail.sdsu.edu>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 1996 08:07:08 -0700 (PDT)
I have a 78 MGB that for all purposes, is running great.  The problem that I
have just run across is that my head gasket is starting to leak.  No
problem.... Easy enough fix.  The problem is that I have valve guides that
need to be replaced and I am wondering if I need to replace the valves,
springs, etc. at the same time.  Compression is good and the engine does not
miss a beat; except for that pesky oil that it drinks every day.

I have had the car for two years and the PO said he had reworked the valves.
I will not argue with that.  But he forgot to check the other parts.