Re: HELP! MGB ENGINE LOST POWER (SEMI-LONG)

To: Milo Kral <kral@anvil.nrl.navy.mil>, mg list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: HELP! MGB ENGINE LOST POWER (SEMI-LONG)
From: Dirk de Boer <deboer@duke.usask.ca>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 1996 09:08:14 -0900 (PDT)
On Fri, 26 Apr 1996, Milo Kral wrote:

> Yesterday after work,  I was just entering the George Washington Parkway in
> Alexandria VA,  when the engine on my '67 MGB lost power.  There was no
> sputtering,  just complete deadness.  Luckily I was next to a gas station and
> pulled into their lot.

> I replaced all of
> the ignition parts that I could lay my hands on easily:

Sounds as though you had an intermittent ignition problem. One
way to find out whether you solved the problem is to drive
around. On the other hand, the ignition components that you took off
the car can be inspected and tested. If you shake or wiggle them while
testing you may get some interesting results.

Dirk