Re: TA0251

To: BLECKSTEIN@SHELL.MONMOUTH.COM
Subject: Re: TA0251
From: arm@unix.infoserve.net (Ross MacPherson)
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 1996 12:27:50 -0700
>The car was at the New England MG T Register's GOF last year. The car was a
true
>T type but besides the unusual enclosed gas tank, it had P type dash board and
>instruments. I drove in the car with the owner, as it was featured like a
guest
>star. It is touches like this that makes the GOF an event not to be missed
by MG
>nuts like me. A number of years ago Old Number One was flown in for a GOF and
>again I got to ride in it. Old Number One is the ultimate MG and is the Holy
>Grail of the marque.
>
>Mike Leckstein

Greetings Mike,

I'm familiar with Old Number One but only through pictures ( colour me green
with envy that you rode shot-gun).

Regarding Colin's TA It IS an odd 'T' isn't it.  The owner is the
'president' of the local "Pre-56 MG Un-club" also known as the Pre-56 MG
Grazing Society ( it has something to do with ALL our events ending in
either a restaurant or, more likely, a pub).

 Are you planning on making the pilgrimage to GOF West this year? It will be
my first GOF.  I'm  taking the TC, the wife, the kids, the truck, the
trailer and making a multi-week event out of it. Should be some interesting
conversations in the campgrounds with the TC parked in front of the trailer
and the truck out of sight (probably searching for a mall, if you know what
I mean.....)

I look forward to putting some faces to the names there.

Cheers,
   ___        \______           Ross MacPherson
  / __ \ __ /       /------|)   arm@unix.infoserve.net
/  (___)---------/ (___)        1947 MG-TC 3528