MGB Prices

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGB Prices
From: Robert Rhodes <aa101479@dasher.csd.sc.edu>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 1996 22:30:49 -0400 (EDT)
        I know I'm late to this thread but I spoke today with the person
rebuilding my MGB motor (Henry Dodgen of Dodgen's garage for all you
people in S.C who need a terrific motor rebuild) who recently had an
offer on his 76 B.  This is the cleanest B I have seen and was completel
rebuilt over the course of 2 years and 3 months.  Interestinly it was not
rebuilt to stock specs and instead of just BRG was painted BRG with gold
metal flake.  (Henry, it seems, is an old time hot rodder)

        Anyway, he was showing me the trophies he has won (15 out of 16
shows) and said that at the latest he was approached by a person in town
who offered him 10K for the B.  Henery politely declined and the
prospective buyer asked how much henry wanted for the B.  Henry said he
would probably want between 12 and 14 thousand, whereupon mr. buyer
pulled out his checkbook.  Henry then politely declined mr. buyers 12
thousand dollar offer.

        I told Henry that I would have a hard time saying no to that kind
of offer, but Henry just said that he would only spend it on another one
and then wouldn't have one to drive for a year or more.

        By the way, Henry is now thinking about purchasing an MGA that
one of the local townspeople has in a barn with the fenders off.  No rust
and the drivetrain is complete and supposedly running for $1000.00.  I
told Henry that if he didn't get it to let me know!

Rob Rhodes                              Columbia, S.C.
72 B