Re: Tiskin

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tiskin
From: Stephen Brook <em92ssb@brunel.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 1996 15:11:22 BST
> >         A tool truck driver was recently in our shop, British Automotive
> >         Services, in Dallas, and mentioned an automobile called a
> >
> >                                 "TISKIN" (sp?)

TVR Tuscan by any chance ????

> >         He says it was an aluminum-bodied British coupe with a Ford "260"
>V-8.
> >         The car was supposedly built in '64-'65 and had non-roll-downable
>side
> >         windows.  It also supposedly had a roof vent that had to be opened
>at
> >         speeds in excess of 200 mph to avoid "window implosion"

Errr, but a TVR Tuscan wouldn't have seen 200 mph. Maybe 140mph on a good
stretch of road. I thought they used the old Rover 3.5 litre V8 as well, not a
Ford
unit. Could be wrong.

By the way, did you know that TVR is a concatenation of the founder's name,
'Trevor' ? Strange but true.

Stephen Brook
Brunel University
London