British Racing Green Poll

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: British Racing Green Poll
From: Don Mathis <tdm@smtp-gw.ak.att.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 1996 09:57:48 -0400
Here's the BRG poll results:

 Automobile     Year    Paint                           Comments

   MGB          1962    Ditzler 43342 / Dupont 8193     Tended to fade
                        (BMC/BL GN.25)

   MGB          1964    PPG#DAR43342     Medium BRG
                        (BMC/BL GN.25)

   MGB      1962-1970   Ditzler 46446 / Dupont 8194     Darker than above.
                        (BMC/BL GN.29)

   MGB          1970-   Ditzler 44446 / Dupont 3012     "Racing"  Green

   MGB      1971-1973   Ditzler 44638 / Dupont 30014    "Mallard" Green
                        (BMC/BL BLVC 22)

   MGB      1974-1976           ??????                  "Tundra" Green

   MGB          1976    Ditzler 45190 / Dupont 44630    "Brooklands" Green
                        (BMC/BL BLVC 169)

   Jaguar       1975?   Sikkens ANZO-JAG75              "Brooklands"  Green
   ( Note:  This may not be the same Brookland's green as the MGB.)

        From Original English Car Colours - Imperial Chemical Industries

Healy,MGB,Midget  '61-'64       #8120

Healey,Midget,MGB/C  '64-'68    #9767

Jaguar green    1990   dark, normal, light  The darker was suggested as best

I saw a new (1995-1996) Land/Range Rover which was painted a very dark green
which I thought was beautiful.  I wanted to go by and get the paint number
but I haven't had time.

When I see the word "Brooklands", I think of the green Bentleys that raced
there.  The pictures that I have of those show a medium dark green, maybe a
forest green.

I continue to think of British racing green originating in the 20's and 30's
so I never consider a metallic paint as a proper BRG.

Thanks to all of you that sent in this information.  Now I want to collect
some paint chips and choose a BRG for the Benley.  Cheers-

Don Mathis,Ph.D.
Member of Technical Staff
LUCENT TECHNOLOGIES
        Bell Labs Innovations