Re: Tiskin

To: Paul Parkanzky <p-parkanzky@onu.edu>
Subject: Re: Tiskin
From: arm@unix.infoserve.net (Ross MacPherson)
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 1996 12:17:51 -0700
>Hello All,
>        I have been an avid reader of what I refer to as "the list" for
>quite some time.  Although I have corresponded with several other members on
>an individual basis this will be my first posting.
>       Does anyone know anything more about this TVR Tuscan?  It sounds like
>a truly fascinating automobile and I'd appreciate any production numbers,
>costs, specs, etc. that anyone could point my way.
>        Thanks in advance for all of the info I know this will generate.
>
>Paul Parkanzky KB8NPO
>Ohio Northern University
>p-parkanzky@onu.edu
>        '74 MGB

Greetings Paul.

TVR TUSCAN Se: introduced 1969 4727 cc V8, 271 bhp, 0-50 MPH in 4.5 sec,
standing 1/4 mile in 14.1 sec Max speed = 155 mph

TVR TUSCAN V6: 1969 - 1971 2994 cc V6, 136 bhp, 0-50 in 6 sec 1/4 mile in
16.3 top speed =125 mph

TVP TUSCAN V8: 1970 only, 5300 cc V8, 290 bhp @ 6000 rpm, 0-50 in 4.5 sec,
1/4 mile in 14 sec, 155 mph max speed

Tuscans were basicly a repowered Grantura (which were MG powered).
Transplants of Ford V-6 and V-8's turned the Grantura into first the
Griffith and later, the Tuscan.

All info from " The Complete Encyclopedia of British Cars" 1974
   ___        \______           Ross MacPherson
  / __ \ __ /       /------|)   arm@unix.infoserve.net
/  (___)---------/ (___)        1947 MG-TC 3528
                                                1966 MGB-GT