MGB-GT Rear hatch seal?

To: "'MGs List'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGB-GT Rear hatch seal?
From: Jamie Morton <mortons@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 2 May 1996 07:18:31 -0400
I have a 1974.5 B-GT and am putting in new rubber seals on the rear hatch after
having the car painted.  Can someone with a GT tell me whether the "tailgate
seal,
outer" as Moss calls it should get glued to either the hatch or the body?

The seal gets trapped along the top of the hatch by an aluminum piece and then
about
18 inches comes down on either side and stops.  It seems like it should get
glued to
something but I'd hate to pick the wrong surface...

Aside- who knew that "Aconite" would be more aptly titled "Grape"?  I was
expecting it
to look like Black Tulip.  Well, I won't have any trouble finding it in a
parking lot...

Jamie Morton
'66 TR4A
'74.5 MGB-GT