Driving with the top down

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Driving with the top down
From: Glen Eldridge <glenel@infobahnos.com>
Date: Fri, 03 May 1996 20:32:16 -0400
I recently had occasion to drive home from Chicago to Montreal in a '65
Midget (top down, of course).  The sights, sounds and smells titillated
my senses as no sealed modern barge ever could.  I knew instantaneously
where every pig farm in Western Ontario was!

Have you ever felt that where you were was right?  I mean REALLY right?
 - I felt at home, delighted with my car, the environment and the world,
and at peace as I hadn't been in the last twenty years, when I had sold
my Fiat 124 Spyder, Oh! it of the 6000-mile spark plus and tune-ups, and
of leaking cam towers, which necessitated the changing of their seals,
which necessitated the changing of cam timing belts!

How can an 11-ft, relatively light car make me feel so at home?  Don't
know, folks, except that it did, this in spite of the fact that the
starter quit on leaving customs at Windsor!

Maggie the Magnificent is now in the hands of Nigel at Britannicar in
Lachine, Quebec, who will make her whole and worthy of respect by all,
including any besotted unbelievers who havent't yet attained the heights
of ecstasy inherent in ANY MG, but embidied in the soul of a Midget.

Safety Fast!

Regards,

Glen Eldridge
Kirkland, Quebec