Got one!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Got one!
From: Stephanie & Dennis Littrell <dlittrel@northernnet.com>
Date: Thu, 9 May 1996 08:50:06 -0500
Got a response from my advert in the AMGBA Octagon, went to see it last
Saturday and did the deed. It's a '73 roadster, black (formerly Bronze Yellow).
It's definitely a fixer-upper, but there is little rust and it seems to be a
strong runner. The plan is to drive it home (200 miles) this Saturday. What
would you say the chances are of no major mechanical breakdowns along the way
(I'll be bringing along some pantyhose, fer sure)? Now the fun begins! The
immediate needs of the car: oil cooler leaks a tad, heater doesn't work (valve,
cable, knob? not sure yet), the interior (carpet, panels, seat covers, a few
other details, not exactly an immediate need, but I don't want to be
embarrassed to be seen in it, now do I?) I haven't undertaken anything like
this since I sold the IHC Scout, but I think I'm ready. Of course there's
always that little bit of doubt. Well, wish me luck, and hope for top-down
weather this weekend!

Dennis~B-)