Midget trailer hitch (honest)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Midget trailer hitch (honest)
From: "MIKE_J2@SFOV1.VERIFONE.COM" <MIKE_J2@sfov1.verifone.com>
Date: Fri, 10 May 1996 11:01:22 -1000
Speaking of swap meets and top down driving, is it possible or reasonable
to install a trailer hitch to a Midget, like a 1978 model?

I used to have one on a car (TR3A) I used to own many years ago, but that
car had a full frame that I tied into for the hitch mount.  Can I bolt into
the rear bumper mounts by adding longer bumper bolts?

I've read the towing limit for a Midget is 1,000 pounds (weight, not UK$),
and all I want is to tow a little small tiny miniscule utility trailer.
Something to take to swap meets or on camping trips and such.

Is this possible?  Or should I plan on stuffing anything I get into the
passenger seat?

Mike.    (picture an ascii drawing here of a Midget towing a trailer)