Oil cooler update

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Oil cooler update
From: etlsjfr@deep-thought.ericsson.se (Steve Foster)
Date: Mon, 13 May 96 10:13:04 BST
Just been on the Brighton to Brooklands run.
It was a good run with 250 various MG, pub stops etc.
The A ran like a dream of course!
After all the problems I've had with hot running and cold oil coolers
I thought I'd up date you. She ran all day at 175 - 180 F. Only in traffic
up hill's did she go up to 190 F. At 60 mph uphill on the motor (free) way she
ran at 185-190 F.
Seems that getting oil to the cooler, advancing a bit and enrichening the
mixture all played their part. I took the needles out if the carbs to check
... they were GS needles, so they are right.

She even made the hill climb at Brooklands in Second gear.

At Brooklands there was a show of pre/post war American cars as well as our run.
Packards and the like. I can see why you Yanks like our cars!
Not one of those monsters was in anyway a bit nippy, sporty or even pretty!
Awe inspriring in the awesome sense is the best word.

Long live the British car and British dominance in real motor racing F1 etc!

Sorry just feeling a bit patriotic at the moment before I head off for
a few years in Sweden. I shall be singing Land of hope and bloody glory next
and complaining about the beer when I'm there!

/Steve at Guildford.. Soon to be at Linkoping (Lin-sherp-ing).