RE: INSURANCE -Reply

To: BALLC@osstf.on.ca
Subject: RE: INSURANCE -Reply
From: "Ernest E. Gilbert" <barrister@lawref.com>
Date: Tue, 14 May 96 10:56:33 -0700
Considered replying to that when it was first posted but thought better. Now I
am motivated.

Some of US were raised before the yuppie generation by parents and grandparents
who naturally instilled a respect for our own character and for the moral
standing of others. Some younger of US were fortunate enough to have the same
upbringing in spite of current moral standards. Obviously the profession
dosen't cause these traits, to truly qualify you must already have them.

All states require that attorney's conduct themselves honestly in all walks of
their life to remain in the profession. Please do me, the profession, and the
public the favor of reporting the attorneys that have caused your doubt to the
appropriate discipline authority wherever you find them. Also, instruct any
attorney that represents you to be fair and honest, and to assert only the
truth at all times, even if that is contrary to your interests.

Remember this, if there was no consumer demand for dishonest attorneys, there
would not be any. It would not be profitable. And see the 2 articles at
http://www.lawref.com/eeg/eeg_dia.html for an insight into the values I
advocate in an attorney.

Ernest (please attend one of my classes) Gilbert
barrister@lawref.com