innocent youth

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: innocent youth
From: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Date: Wed, 15 May 1996 08:05:46 -0400
Fellow fiends:

Bob Nogueira writes about the poor soul who bought a VW thinking it was an
MG TD (the PO must really be an evil person to pull that stunt).  That
reminds me of the neighborhood kid, I'd guess he was 14 or 15, who stopped
by one day while I was out in front working on the B (probably just
adjusting the door striker or something--this car is faultless).  He said he
liked the car and wondered who made it.  I told him MG made it, that it was
called a "B" and that it was an old car that they don't make anymore.  He
seemed confused.  He said, "No, not the model, I want to know who made it?
Chevrolet?  Ford?"  I had to sigh and explain to this Michigander (or is it
Michigoon?) that there were other car companies besides GM, Ford, and
Chrysler.  I honestly am not sure he understood.

This is a true story!

Will "never lies" Zehring

p.s. I'll admit it: my dad and my brother are lawyers, and my dad wants my
MG.  Go figure!  But I still won't tell you how old I am and I still like my
Miata (and I'm thinking of a career change... Law!).

p.p.s  I saw a new BMW roadster yesterday, in the neighborhood, with dealer
plates on it.  I wanted to give the raspberry but you're not supposed to do
that with your neighbors.