ABFM Vancouver

To: bc <british-cars@autox.team.net>, MG Club <mgccnwc-list@eskimo.com>,
Subject: ABFM Vancouver
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 20 May 1996 01:30:52 -0700 (PDT)
Weeeell,
I didn't make it there on Saturday, but wanted to drive up today for the
swapmeet. It's about a 3-hour drive, taking your time, and my buddy and I
took off in my Sprite in the (late) morning.
The weather was changing constantly, from sunny to drizzle, but it was
still beautiful. The newly tuned carbs were purring, and the top was down
of course.
Since we were much too late, we saw a number of LBCs coming the other way,
which was great entertainment. The strange thing was, we were _the only_
car with the top down. 2 big Healeys, 4 Morgans, 1 Jensen, some B's, plus
one E-Type, who passed us with thumb firmly against (rolled up) passenger
window. We got a lot of looks as we were driving with the wipers on at
times, but didn't get wet - what fun!

We had a great day in Vancouver (culminating at the best Tapa place this
side of Madrid), and left the city just as the sun was setting, it was
breathtaking. The car, the sunset, the road, great music on the radio -
this is what it's all about.
The customs computer decided that our car should be searched, no big deal.
The searcher used to own a bugeye and then an MGA.

OK, we did put the top up later, when it started to pour, and we did stop
a couple of times beause of some grit in the needle valve, but that's part
of the experience.
The long drive even freed up my engine, as it now pulls stronger,
especially at higher RPM.

Ahhh, what a hobby...

Ulix
                    '67 Sprite             '66 Caddy