Couldn't resist

To: "'BRITISH CARS'" <british-cars@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Couldn't resist
From: Wes Grady <wesgrady@csbh.mhv.net>
Date: Tue, 21 May 1996 11:44:06 -0400
Please don't get angry that I am crossposting, but I just heard the =
funniest story ever and wanted to share it with you all.

First, I am an attorney in a small, upstate New York town.  I am in =
general practice so I do a lot of different things and yesterday a long =
standing and rather strange client came to my office.  Obviously upset, =
he had just been arrested on Driving While Intoxicated.  He had a blood =
alcohol level of .18%, or just about twice the legal limit.  Was caught =
driving down the street without headlights, made a left turn without =
signaling and drove over the lawn of the next door neighbor before =
hitting his garage door.  Police were in pursuit at the time.  He failed =
the field sobriety check and they then arrested him and he submitted to =
the breath test.

Now, that is certainly not funny, but his reasons for being drunk are a =
classic.  Seems he had a water hose break on his car last week and when =
he fixed it, he didn't have any antifreeze.  So, he emptied two quarts =
of Vodka into the cooling system and then added a bottle of 200 proof =
grain alcohol.  Now, as he was driving down the road, the alternator =
seized, breaking the fan belt and caused the engine to overheat, which =
blew the top hose on his radiator.  He had no electrical power, hence no =
lights, no turn signals and since he had no lights, he couldn't see the =
lawn.  He was drunk, not because he had been drinking, but because the =
engine overheated and boiled over and he drove for several miles =
breathing in the alcohol fumes from the boiling radiator.

See, it really wasn't his fault, it was the CAR'S fault!  So help me, he =
told me this story with a straight face and kept cursing at the car.  It =
wasn't an LBC, but it was old....