Re: headlights...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: headlights...
From: Graham McCann <gmccann@pcug.org.au>
Date: Mon, 27 May 1996 09:11:33 +1000
At 04:37  26/5/96 -0700, you wrote:

>One of my stock headlights on my 80 B just burnt out and I would like to
>replace them both with an upgrade. Should I just replace them with halogen
>or soemthing beter. If so, what, $, and where can I get them. Any advice
>would be appreciated.
>Thanks,
>Chris Reichle

Be careful if you are tempted to fit a higher wattage high beams eg 100watt.
The steering column dipper switch is not happy carrying the higher flow from
higher wattage lamps and the contacts can and do burn out.  If you want to
go that way then fit a relay for the high beam.

regards,
Graham McCann  Rivett, ACT. Australia
gmccann@pcug.org.au
06 2889055