Re: MGB fuel tanks

To: mgs@autox.team.net, HAYDOCKI@lib.bham.ac.uk
Subject: Re: MGB fuel tanks
From: jurrasm@genesis.torrco.com (Mark Jurras)
Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 08:14:20 -0400

> I wasn't
> happy when I found that the bottom of my fuel tank was black
> and damp and oozing petrol! I need a new tank
>
>   Thanks in advance for any help,
>
>                                                    Ian
Ian,

I need a new tank in my '67 BGT too. I have a fuel drain plug that is
located in the center bottom of the tank. Unless your tank is covered
with 1 (one) inch of undercoat, grime, dirt, etc. you can't miss it. If
not you may not have one.

Can you disconnect the output line of the fuel pump and direct the hose
to a gas can and let the fuel pump pump it out??

Does anyone know of a good (or bad) place to get a new fuel tank?