Thanks

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Thanks
From: Nic <fascina@sparcdii.derby.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 29 May 1996 12:25:28 +0100
Hello out there in MG land.

A few months ago, some of you may remember me dropping a line asking for
help on fitting and letting everyone know that I was trying to fit a
3-way closed loop system catalytic converters to the trusty MGB/GT. This
was part of my final year project at university, therefore I thought I
had better let everyone know what happened to the project.

Over the development period it was obvious that the MG would not let the
3-way closed loop system be fitted using twin carbs. It was concluded
after driving 10'000 miles in a 1977 MGB/GT and destroying 16 cats that
it was not going to happen for a number of reasons:

1/      Engine unstable
2/      Poor spark timing and distribution
3/      Unstoppable misfires
4/      No way of controling AFR to 14.7:1 (OPERATION WINDOW) with carbs

These are only a few, the list is endless.

However, the company I was doing the research for wanted me to build a
system using twin carbs, ain't gonna happen. I tried for months to get
them to let me build a system using twin point injection to allow
control of the AFR. Many of you though this was a good idea as it would
improve emissions and improve the performance of the engine etc.

They did not and told me to go away and never darken their doors again.
Therefore I lost 7 months work and did not get paid a penny for my
research and efforts !

Therefore, if anyone wants to fit a cat to their MG, you will need to
have the fuel delivery system changed to fuel injection, twin point at
the minimum plus all the control systems etc. I have all the information
at my finger tips, therefore if anyone would like to now how to
construct a system I can be reached at the following address or on this
e-mail address up to 6th June( this is my parents address because I a
moving house in a months time so my parents can forward any letters to
me )

NIC FASCI
66, KING CHARLES ROAD.
HALESOWEN.
WEST MIDLANDS
B62 0DP
ENGLAND

I would like to thank everyone who supplied me with information on how
to improve the MG's engine and other areas I need information on.

I graduate in a months time and I will lose my e-mail facility on the
11th June 1996, it has been great reading everyones messages reating to
the MG and I would like to think that you have helped me to achieve a
good degree and fall in love with the MGB. When I can afford it, I shall
go out and buy one, because I never though they could be so much fun.

Once again, than you all.

Nic Fasci