Re: Is MG Midget a unibody?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Is MG Midget a unibody?
From: wise@db.erau.edu (John A. Wise)
Date: Wed, 29 May 1996 11:37:06 -0800
  >...I am interested in the unibody question, because
  >it obviously puts rust in another light. Also, how is the parts
  >availability out there?

Parts are absolutely no problem!  There are plenty of nationwide suppliers.
 See the following WWW page for more info:

    http://triumph.cs.utah.edu/sol/britpart.html

Rust is a problem, I got rid of my last one because of rust.  But it is a
GREAT car to drive (I have both an MGB & a Porsche 911) and the Midget was
a lot more fun for ripping around corners and having a good time.  I would
suggest that you either find someone in your area that knows Midgets to
look at it with you, or ident a good garage that can look it over for you.
The body is critical.  The mecahnicals can be fixed easily the body takes a
lot more time & $$$.  If you want to rebuild (as a hobby) ok, but othrewise
wait until you find a good body.

I would also suggest you get a good book on buying or restoring Midgets
they will tell you exactly wat to look for and where to look.

You might also look at the following WWW page for good general info on
technical issues and a checklist for buying a british car

     http://triumph.cs.utah.edu/sol/tech/

Good luck!

John

John A. Wise, Ph.D., CHFP                       Tel: (+1) (904) 226-6384
Center for Aviation/Aerospace Research          Fax: (+1) (904) 226-7050
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University            E-mail: wise@db.erau.edu
600 South Clyde Morris Blvd.
Daytona Beach, FL 32114-3900      USA