3 Main transmission question...

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: 3 Main transmission question...
From: Marc Steinberg <marc@crl.com>
Date: Thu, 30 May 1996 12:36:31 -0700 (PDT)
Call me a fool, but I actually _like_ my 4 speed, non-OD 3 main tranny.
Problem is, the 2nd gear synchro is shot.

In her assemblage of transmissions, Denise Thorpe has a '66 or '67 3 main
with reverse lights.  The input shaft, however, is the wrong size for my
earlier car.

1) Find the right transmission
2) Change the input shaft on her box or my engine
3) Fix my 2nd gear synchro.

Denise also notes that it would be somewhat of a shame to put the reverse
light 3main in my car as it was made for only half a year...

So whadda y'all think?  My tranny's in good shape except for the
downshifting problem.  It's not even making that expensive first gear
noise.

-- Marc