Re: Great Top Down Drives

To: <mgs%autox.team.net@MVDNS1.MV.Unisys.COM>
Subject: Re: Great Top Down Drives
From: TUSLER%MP050@MPA15AB.MV.UNISYS.COM
Date: 31 MAY 96 15:05
>I've noticed on occasion that list members mention a particularly
 wonderful road they like to drive when they need to raise their
 spirits.  I thought I might add a list of such "joy rides" to my web
 page.  Then, when an LBC driver contemplates driving someplace (to a
 swap meet, for example), he/she can check to see if there is a worthy
 back road to use.  Has this already been done?  Does this seem like a
<good idea?

 Most definitely!!  Also include the phone number and address of the nearest
'rescue member'  on this list!
 My favorite is special not only because of the overhanging live oaks, the
bends and twists, the hills and dales, the scent of the brush and that of
the stables you pass, and the lack of reported accidents on it, but also
because of the rarity of any similar road in the area!  Rare, nay,
nonexistant!
 This road is in South Orange County, CA.  It is the extension of El Toro
road, as it heads inland.  At the "Y" where it branches into
Santiago canyon road and Trabuco canyon road (where the Cook's Corner
bar is, a good place for a brew after the drive), take the right fork
(Trabuco) and the climb into the oaks.  This is about eight miles of
very pleasant drive, especially after all the six-lane, traffic lighted,
crowded, straight-as-a-sewer-pipe roads of Orange County.

*Philippe Tusler - Mission Viejo, CA     | "MILOU"    '57 MGA Roadster *
*A-Mail:   <TUSLER@MP050>                | "TINTIN"   '66 MG/MGB-GT    *
*InterNet: TUSLER@MP050.MV.unisys.com    | "N/A"      '88 ISUZU Trooper*