Manual Chokes for ZS Carbs

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Manual Chokes for ZS Carbs
From: GARYCINE@aol.com
Date: Fri, 31 May 1996 18:48:54 -0400
To all who were interested, here's the skinny on the manual choke conversion
that was done on my 1977 Midget.

The mechanic told me that he just went to the local HiLo parts store and
bought a "generic" (his words) choke kit.  He coupled that to an original
style MG choke cable so that the handle inside would look right.  The dash
has a plugged hole that is just right for the cable to come through to the
right of the steering wheel.

However, he said that modifying the "generic" choke kit the fit the ZS carb
ended up being so time consuming and labor intensive it makes better sense to
order a kit made for the ZS carb from Moss and pay the higher price because
it should fit out of the box.  He did say however that the ZS manual choke
kits are often backordered.

Nonetheless, the installation on my Midget looks fine and I can't complain
about the final result which is a well idling and well running car...finally!

I guess that's not much of a definitive answer as far as the hardware but I
sure can recommend the switch to manual.

Gary Watson