Re: King pins on '76 Midget.

To: ulix@u.washington.edu
Subject: Re: King pins on '76 Midget.
From: Jeremy DuBois <jer@thlogic.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 1996 07:59:10 -0400 (EDT)

> On Sun, 2 Jun 1996 RJohn50603@aol.com wrote:
>
> > Looking for some NET advice,
> >
> > Does anyone or club lend or rent the in-line reamer tool for Midget king pin
> > replacement? I'd rather not spend $200 to own one given the amount of times
> > I'll need it.
>
> You don't have to!
> Take your parts to a competent british-car place that has the reamer. They
> will do it for you. You could also send them to Apple Hydraulics, if you
> can't find a place locally.

  You should be able to get it for even cheaper than that, I got mine done
locally for $16 a side. (Though see below)

> Just make sure they have the genuine tool and don't try to do the job with
> universal equipment.

  Why?  I was under the impression that a competent machinist should be able
to do a fine job with a standard line-reamer. No?  I don't have my Bentley
with me, but I though it said either the tool or a line-reamer would work.
I just don't remember now.

                                        Jeremy DuBois
                                        Programmer/System Administrator
                                        Thermalogic Corporation