Re: MGB steering wheels

To: gregg@cyrix.com
Subject: Re: MGB steering wheels
From: DamitDick@gnn.com (Damit Dick)
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 1996 09:33:58
Greg wrote:

>Not to flame anyone, but why not put a "real"
>Moto-Lita wheel on the 'B'?  Yes, it's $50-$75
>more expensive, but:
>
>1) It is very well-made (at least the one
>I bought in 1985 was).
>2) It looks good, the polished aluminum doesn't
>blind you, and won't start rusting as soon as
>it gets humid.  Unlike a "cheap" chrome job...
>
>IMHO this is a true case of getting what you
>pay for...

Greg, I agree with everything you say. However, in the moss
Accessories catalog the Moto Lita wheel lists for $179.95 and
requires an adaptor hub for and additional $54.95. Not a whole lot
additional BUT this does not give you a solid wood wheel. It is two
wood halves rivited to an aluminum center. In order to get a solid
wood wheel from Moto Lita you have to spend $234.95 AND it appears
to only fit the '63 - '67 MGs and then only if you add $94.50 for
the hub.

So I agree, its a true case of getting what you pay for...

Dick :>)
Vintage Parts & Products
Camarillo, California
Have MG will travel