Fram oil filters

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Fram oil filters
From: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 1996 08:55:33 -0400
Fellow fiends:

A quick question regarding the fram oil filters:  I assume the two postings
yesterday regarding them were in cars where the filter is mounted "upside
down"  (i.e. threaded end down)??  I have a filter adapter on my '63's
engine and the filter is mounted threaded side up, so I assume that I
needn't concern myself with the filter draining?  I've frankly not paid a
great deal of attention to how fast oil preassure builds during start up.  I
of course check it (I'm a compusive gauge watcher) but usually not before I
am sure my choke setting is good.  The engine has less than 5000 miles on it
and shows great hot preasure.  I've used Fram ph43 filters for ever.  I'm
guessing, tho, that with my adapter, I don't need to concern myself with the
filter draining and preasureless start ups?

Will "needs stuff to worry about" Zehring

p.s.  What's all this talk about Denise moving?  Are we going to put up with
this?  I think it is pretty darn irresponsible of her to move and, perhaps
sing off "MGs."  Doesn't she care about the rest of us????