Re: What have I got?

To: cward@adnc.com
Subject: Re: What have I got?
From: Matthew Jones <matt@matanza.cc.kcl.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 1996 22:33:15 +0000 (GMT)

These cars, in English culture are the perfect workhorse.  They contain and use
standard British Leyland/Austin parts and are, if you are in England, easy and
cheap to maintain.  However, If you are in the states,it is probably and odd
looking, progenic type of thing that isn't comfortable to drive long distances.

However, the suspension set up should make you feel right at home  ;)

I don't know what the availablity of parts for this car is like in the US but
here
you can almost pick up most regular service parts from the supermarket.

The engines are pretty sound and should run well even on two cylinders without
you
noticing or causing any discernable lack of performance.

There is one down the road from me, W reg (1979/80) that looks like a rusty
death
trap but the guy that owns it drives ot to work and back 35 miles each day.

Hope you enjoy, although I don't think this list is the ultimate place for
detailed Marina specific advise.  Saying that, the mechanical structure of the
Marina won't be too disimilar to our beloved MG's and a little imagination
coupled
with the depth of technical knowledge that can be found on this list will
surely help.

Good luck and be careful on those corners.

Matt

Message from:  Matthew Jones
Senior Computing Technician
King's College London