Yet more steering racks

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Yet more steering racks
From: Glenn Schnittke <glenns@edge.ercnet.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 1996 20:59:24 -0500 (CDT)
In my searches I have found that, while $260 + S&H will get me a new rack
from any of the major US houses, I can get one at my door for the UK for
about $220. This is for a new rack. I have also found that some of the UK
joints handle rebuilt racks. A rebuild is much cheaper, possibly half that,
IF I can find a left-handed rebuild in the UK.

My question to those in the mother-land is; have any of you seen anyplace
handling rebuilt columns? This is a job I have done myself and it is not
something I contemplate with glee doing again. And the column on the
primrose is a little loose at the rack end.

Glenn
Schmaltzando = A glissando with grease. Preferably chicken.

Glenn Schnittke                    Recovering Musician
Nashville TN                       615-385-2800
glenns@edge.ercnet.com             72147.3635@compuserve.com

'74 MGB - fatally wounded
'69 MGB - prim little touring car