Re: Clock

To: Manfred Wendelgass <mwendelgass@europeonline.com>
Subject: Re: Clock
From: Wayne Kube <wkube@iadfw.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 1996 17:33:01 -0500
Manfred Wendelgass wrote:

> Hello MGers,
>
> has anyone of you ever tried to remove the metal case of the clock to
> see how it looks inside ? ;-)
>
> If yes, please let me know, because the big hand went off.
>
> regards
> --
> Manfred Wendelgass  \|/ Black Forest, Germany
> '79 MGB             @ @
> ----------------oOO-(_)-OOo----------------------------------------
> wendelgass@tcernd1.villingen.tce.de or mwendelgass@europeonline.com

Manfred -
        Yes, I did remove the case on my clock.  The setting knob was
stuck and wouldn't turn, but the clock did run.  Thought I would try
getting into it.  You have to remove the face bezel ring.  Not an easy
chore, but can be done.  Take a small flat screwdriver and gently start
prying on the back of the ring where it is crimped over the case.  You
will want to straighten this crimp so that you can start working the
bezel ring off.  Remove any screws on the rear of the case and the works
should slide out with the bezel.  Replace the big hand, check to make
sure the adjustment knob works, and _lightly_ lubricate the moving parts
with clock oil.  You can check the clock out of the car with a 9 volt
battery.  (I had mine running on my desk for a week on a single 9 volt
alkaline battery.)  Reassemble, put the bezel ring back on, and crimp
the edge back over again.

Good Luck
Wayne Kube
'79B