Daily Driver/ break down repair kit

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Daily Driver/ break down repair kit
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 1996 18:59:02 -0700
I carry a small duffle bag in the trunk and a tool box where ever I go.
In the bag I have spare lengths of heater hose, gas hose and top and
bottom radiator hoses, fuel pump, water pump, fan belt and distributer
and I need to replace alternator which came in handy last month. Tool
box has assorted tools and tape, clamps, spark plugs and test light. I
also have the required spare tire jack and  cross lug wrench as well as
a front rotor and hub( since an ugly little insistent last December),
oil, water, brake fluid and a flash light. I also feel much better
since I got a cellular phone.  Wait just one last item, a flatbed
transport truck in the driveway  (what me paranoid?). The most
important thing is to maintain your car and service a first signs of
hard starts, rough idles and diminishing power. 9 times out of 10 the
car will show signs of up coming break down before it is rendered
totally powerless. So listen for sounds and service at first
indications of trouble. That's my free nickles worth. Good luck and
remember trying to get there is half the fun, David Deutsch