Re: GT front wing replacement

To: "W. R. Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Subject: Re: GT front wing replacement
From: ek_john_luthy <luthy@cesd.servtech.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 1996 09:25:04 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 18 Jun 1996, W. R. Gibbons wrote:

> On Mon, 17 Jun 1996 MGBennett@aol.com wrote:
>
> > Hello.
> >
> > I am getting ready to replace the passenger side front wing on my GT and was
> > wondering what is the best way to go about this process?? I realize there is
> > a seam weld near the windscreen and that will need to be broken to remove
>teh
> > old fender. What kind of person should I contact to palce the new weld in
> > place??  Thanks for the help
>
> I don't believe there is a weld there; there is just a bolted joint with
> a bead.  At least, that's what *should* be there.
>
>    Ray Gibbons  Dept. of Molecular Physiology & Biophysics
>                 Univ. of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, VT
>                 gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910

There is also an almost imposable to get at bolt under the dash that you
must remove. It helps to use a 1/4 inch drive flex socket (Snap-on, Mac,
Cornwell, ect. have these) You might want to look at a wing that is off
of the car to aid you in locating the "hidden" bolt. I have seen many
wings that were damaged trying to remove them with out removing the bolt.
        Lex