Re: mgs@autox.team.net digest #295 Mon Jun 17 13:26:20 MDT

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: mgs@autox.team.net digest #295 Mon Jun 17 13:26:20 MDT
From: Johnmowog@aol.com
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 1996 03:06:21 -0400
Just a reminder for all West Coast LBC'ers
June 22-23 is the Chico British Weekend
Saturday  Gimmick /Poker /TSD rally 2pm, all over some of the funnest driving
roads in Nor Calif... followed by dinner then Marcy Bros/Ragin'Cajun concert
Sunday 23rd is our Chico ALL British Meet (including motorcycles)
Cars will be on grass with a perimeter and center area of lots of trees,
Funcours, water, also fresh snacks, bake sale, bangers, sodas. and full bar.
Dunk Tank, British oil leak contest, darts, Valve Cover races, parts ID
contests, Huge silent auction, regalia, and a raffle includes take down
cherry-picker. Also parking lot swap meet. 9am-3pm AND a covered picnic area
and big playground for the kids!
All happens at Chico Elks Lodge. Take Hwy 99 into Chico, east on East ave 2
miles to Elks Lodge on right.
More info 916-342-1821 or 877-3119
This is a great meet! We expect nearly 200 cars and cycles (plus a display of
NEW Triumph bikes from a dealer!)
We are 2.5-3.5 hours from anywhere in the Bay Area. Discount lodging is
available. Great weather is (almost) a sure thing!
I go to most of the other meets in NorCal  most years, and all of them are
good. Trying to be as objective as possible, though, I have to say that this
is perhaps the best and funnest of all of them, if for no other reason than
because of the great facility and the availability of so many activities
besides car viewing and hobnobbing.
Come on out and see if I'm right!