Re: MGA exhaust and oil leak

To: mgs%autox.team.net@aphub.aerojetpd.com,
Subject: Re: MGA exhaust and oil leak
From: KILE_PAUL@aphub.aerojetpd.com (Paul D Kile)
Date: 20 Jun 96 12:55:39 PDT
Lane, I would not run the breather connection directly to the front
carb (I would assume you mean the front MGA air filter connection).
The long road draft tube on the front tappet cover is necessary on
the MGA engine to provide proper crankcase ventilation.  If you run
this to your front MGA carb, you won't get any suction.  The late HS4
MGB carbs had a special connection into the carb body that provided
some vacuum to the breather, this is not the case with the MGA H4
carb.

I would retain the road draft tube, or retrofit a PCV valve system
(not difficult, but too much to get into here).

Hope this helps. Paul Kile

Paul D. Kile

kile_paul@aphub.aerojetpd.com

(916) 355-5162