1970 MGB Engine: Rebuild or Buy?

To: "'MG'" <mgs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: 1970 MGB Engine: Rebuild or Buy?
From: Bill Lattimer <m22@skypoint.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 1996 13:53:44 -0500
I walked out into the garage this AM to find that I had done a *very* =
dumb thing.  I've been working on 3 engines (two American  plus my MGB) =
and although I've been very cautious about keeping components for the =
other two engines oiled up, I wasn't watching the 'B engine as closely =
as I should have since I was only doing the head.

Well, I found RUST in the bore of two of the cylinders.

IF Age < 18 OR EasilyOffended THEN
        darn, Darn, DARN!
ELSE
        damn, Damn, DAMN!
END IF

So do I have any options here OTHER than a rebuild?  If not, any =
thoughts on buying a short block vs doing it myself?  Note that this =
would be my first engine other than Chevy 6s and 8s.

While I'm at it, does anyone have the number for Huffaker (sp?) =
Engineering?

Thanks

"Racing?  Racing is life.  Everything else, well, that's just waiting."

                            http://www.skypoint.com/~m22