Re: Bowie MD

To: BERNZO@aol.com
Subject: Re: Bowie MD
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 08:22:16 -0700
Yes indeed I was at Bowie yesterday and it was better than good. I
spent 9 hours with my car there and back so once I got there we both
needed some time alone. So I left my MGB in the company of it's piers
and ran around like a crazy person most of the morning and worked on
getting my friend, John Morris's 74 chrome bumper ( NY plate 1FUNMGB)
thermostat housing to stop leaking. The threads on the head are shot
and need to be retapped for larger stud. I was able to get a nut on the
inside of the housing cavity and caught the threades of the stud so
that the head and housing were sandwiched between the two stud nuts.

All in all it was a well rounds day. Got great driving weather, Saw
great cars, got a few needed bits, Saw alot of friends and did a little
repair work. I saw Bob a Jean Skillman ( from the list ) and there
wonderful TC.

Believe it or not I will not be at any events until the MG car day July
21st at museum of transportation in Brookline Ma. I hope all at Bowie
arrived home safely. I hooked up with a really nice red Healy w\ N.J.
plates as far as Delaware and then came across my favorite sales rep
Jake from Moss Motors who was in a pick up on the NJ turnpike. I had
Jon Rubel, Eastern NY MGA Club President riding with me and when Jake
pulled alot side me Jon said to me " cann't you be anywhere without
someone knowing you ". If I was really so popular I'd be bringing home
a few more awards at these popular vote shows. Oh yeah I forgot it's
the cars your supposed to be voting for not the people.

Safety Fast, David Deutsch