Alternator pulleys

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Alternator pulleys
From: Jeff Lewis <jblewis@MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 1996 13:18:27 EDT
Last weekend I was going install my new (rebuilt) alternator, Of
course I needed to install a pulley.  I have a collection of less than
functional alternators. I grabbed one and at first found it difficult to
remove the pulley.  That is until it struck me to use ye olde
electric impact wrench (destructive perhaps but also quite fun).  The
impact wrench worked so well and was such fun I figured I'd just
remove the pulleys on the other two bad alternators as well.

Anyway, I noticed the pulleys are not all the same size. I have a 72B,
can anyone tell me if I should be using the large or the small pulley?

Thanks,

Jeff Lewis