Dashboard Installation-help needed

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Dashboard Installation-help needed
From: etaylor@nr.infi.net (Ed Taylor)
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 1996 18:25:30 -0400 (EDT)
Am on the last leg of restoring my B, but seem to have hit a snag on
installation of a new dash.  After removing all the old dash and foam,
etc., I am at a loss as to what should be the next step.  Since the holes
don't want to line up quite right, I have trimmed some of the foam from the
backboard until they line up pretty well but...

For those of you who have done this:
 1. Did you cut the holes prior to gluing to backboard, or afterward?
 2. What kind of adhesive did you use to glue the dash to the backboard?
 3. In order to make sure that the holes will remain lined up properly,
    should I install a gauge or two in the dash while gluing?  Seems this
    would tend to hold the alignment while the glue sets.
 4. As shipped, the unit had a few wrinkles, etc. in the vinyl.  Will
    probably use a hair dryer or heat lamp to make vinyl more maleable.
    Any suggestions here?

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated!!!

Thanks,
Ed in Greensboro, NC