Radios and other overpriced parts

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Radios and other overpriced parts
From: WJAD81D@prodigy.com (MR JOHN P ELWOOD)
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 1996 12:01:56, -0500
$450 is a whole lot of money for an MG radio, considering it's the
same radio found in Austin Marinas and America, as well as other
cheap BL cars.  Some people actually think old MG parts are worth
money!  Can you belive that?  I can't, and neither does Duke or Earle.
  The two of them own a junkyard with about 35 Bs, two Cs, some As,
and some other MGs.  You can call Duke at (603) 895-2845 or Earle at
(603) 895-9937.  The junkyard is in Raymond NH, but he'll send parts
anywhere.  I've enver met Duke, but Earle is a real nice guy.  I got
a radio out of a GT, an origianl BL radio, for $5.  He said it
probably wouldn't work, and I guess he felt bad about charging me for
it...  But it did work.  May I reccomend getting radios out of closed
cars.  They usually work fine.  These radios can also be easily
repaired if anything other than serious melt down and rust have
occured anyway.  I doubt you will have to pay $5, he might charge
more because he has to go out to the place (it's way up in the woods),
 take it out of the car, box it up, and send it to you.  Maybe $50
including shipping?  I don't know, I'm not Earle.  He's got lots of
other rare MG parts, alot of early stuff too.  Not many rubber
bumpered B's hiding in there, but there are a few.

     John