Re: MGB Rear Brakes

To: fkroeger%Traveller.COM@aphub.aerojetpd.com (Fred Kroeger),
Subject: Re: MGB Rear Brakes
From: KILE_PAUL@aphub.aerojetpd.com (Paul D Kile)
Date: 28 Jun 96 12:25:58 PDT
Jay, you questioned the comment that Fred Kroeger made in his rear
brake posting "The crossbar is not attached".  I think this refers to
the handbrake cable not being attached to the levers at the rear of the
brake drums.  Since he has a 1980 MGB, 1977 and later Bs used a rod to
connect the rear brake levers, instead of a short cable like earlier
Bs used.  That expains his referring to the crossbar.  My hypothesis
for his problem is that the riveted brake levers (at the bottom of
each shoe set) are swapped left side to right side.  That could cause
his problem.

Paul D. Kile

kile_paul@aphub.aerojetpd.com

(916) 355-5162