Re: MBG door removal

To: Pschauss@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MBG door removal
From: JRoss123@aol.com
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 1996 13:25:34 -0400

>What is the best way to loosen the four (posidrive? phillips? head)
>bolts which hold the door hinges to the body on an MGB?
In addition to the four bolts there is an nut on a stud behind the fender
splash.

> Is this the proper way to remove the doors or should I be trying
>to remove the door from the hinge?

I don't think so.  The way I've allways done this is to remove the door
pannel and take out the four posidrive screws on from the hinge.  It's near
inposible to get the hinge out,  back in and readjusted  without removing the
fender.  Either way youll have to readjust the door.  I just found it easier
to close the door without the interior pannel align it and tigten the hinge
screws rather than close the door check aligment open door adust hinge  close
door check alignment...........

                                               John Ross